Rules for Submissions
- Anyone can submit, as long as they are 18 years of age or older.
- Submitted works must not only fall under one of our headings (humor, entertainment, philosophy, fiction, etc. as deemed fit by the editing board), but must also be appropriate in nature – works promoting violence, pornography, hate, bias, and/or any other subjects of questionable nature or subjects that compromise the health and/or security of any person will be brought to the attention of the editing board and/or denied outright.
- Submissions must be new, unpublished material. While writers retain rights to their work, Unwound Magazine will hold first publication rights. Also, any submissions to a PROMPT (that is, a work, sample, or setup that has been set up by the Unwound Magazine team for reader submissions in accordance to the prompt given) will have rights held firstly by Unwound Magazine, though credit and rights will still be held by the author.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following guidelines:
ALL SUBMISSIONS AND INCLUDED IMAGES WILL BE CHECKED FOR PLAGIARISM AND COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Any submission that is deemed to violate the rights of the original owner will be automatically denied and the original owner may be contacted with information regarding this violation.
Submitting to Unwound Magazine does NOT guarantee publication. Unwound Magazine holds the right to deny publication at any time for any reason, even if a submission has been marked as accepted. Unwound Magazine holds the right to remove a submission after publication.
Unwound Magazine holds the right to edit accepted submissions before final publication, given that the integrity of the piece holds true to the author’s original intentions.
By submitting to Unwound Magazine, you agree by these guidelines. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in immediate denial of your submission.
- Author’s name, title, and category/genre of the submitted work must be in the subject line.
- Date of birth must be represented somewhere in the email. Disclosing your hometown is not required, but it is recommended so that we can properly promote your authorship, should your work be accepted.
- Submitted written work must be in a .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, double-spaced with title, last name, and page number in the header.
- Email must include three sentence MAX tagline/excerpt/summary of the submitted work.
- Email may include one image WITH REFERENCE/PERMISSIONS to include in the submitted work.
Switch to our mobile site